Data Sources Currently Available
User Guides Currently Available
Geographical Areas Currently Available
- Geographical areas available: County and Public Health Region (PHR)
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
Institute for Health Policy and Practice (IHPP) Variables
- IHPP variables available: Coming soon...
When choosing a question from the drop-down menu on the Reports page, you will find that some questions, such as "Ever told have High Cholesterol" featured below, are listed multiple times with different years of availability for each question. This is because some of the questions featured in the BRFSS Report Module are what the CDC calls Calculated Variables. These are variables that the CDC calculates during the analysis. However, the calculation of the variable may change year over year. When you see multiple questions listed in the Question drop-down menu, this is due to the variables being calculated differently in the additional years of data.
Ever told have High Cholesterol is listed 3 times in the Question drop-down menu.
- Ever told have High Cholesterol [2011, 2013, 2015] was derived from variables BLOODCHO and TOLDHI2
- Ever told have High Cholesterol  was derived from variables CHOLCHK1 and TOLDHI2
- Ever told have High Cholesterol  was derived from variables CHOLCHK2 and TOLDHI2
Because the Ever told have High Cholesterol question was derived from different variables over some of the years, and therefore was calculated differently across years, the questions cannot be combined when performing the analysis, and is therefore listed as 3 separate questions.